On Wednesday, Arun Jaitley presented the first merged Union and Railway Budget . The budget offered varied benefits for the poor, agriculture, railways and housing sector.
Here are 8 key measures that will impact the youth.
1) Jaitley announced an Innovation Fund for Secondary Education to encourage local innovation for ensuring universal access, gender parity and quality improvement. This will be introduced in 3479 educationally backward districts.
2) SWAYAM platform, leveraging IT, to be launched with at least 350 online courses. This would enable students to virtually attend courses taught by the best faculty.
3) National Testing Agency to be set-up as an autonomous and self-sustained premier testing organisation to conduct all entrance examinations for higher education institutions.
4) Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendras to be extended to more than 600 districts across the country. 100 India International Skills Centres will be established across the country.
5) Skill Acquisition and Knowledge Awareness for Livelihood Promotion programme (SANKALP) to be launched at a cost of Rs 4000 crores. SANKALP will provide market relevant training to 3.5 crore youth
6) Next phase of Skill Strengthening for Industrial Value Enhancement (STRIVE) will also be launched in 2017-18 at a cost of Rs 2,200 crores
7) A scheme for creating employment in the leather and footwear industries along the lines in Textiles Sector to be launched
8) Incredible India 2.0 Campaign will be launched across the world to promote tourism and employment.