Fish Tikka in Oven
400 to 500 gms Salmon fillet
½ cup of curd
1 ½ tsp. red chili powdered
1/8 tsp. pepper powder
1 ½ tsp. ginger garlic paste
1/8 tsp. turmeric
½ tbsp. kasuri methi (crushed)
1 to 2 tbsps. of lemon juice (adjust as per your curd, if your curd is sour, you can skip this)
¼ tsp biryani masala powder or ½ tsp garam masala
½ tsp coriander powder (I do not use)
salt to taste
1 tbsp. oil (can skip if you are using salmon)
Veggies (at room temp, using from the fridge right away makes them soggy) (I do not marinate for long as tend to lose the crunch, so I marinate just before I bake them)
½ green bell pepper
½ red bell pepper
1 big onion cubed
1. Wash and remove of the fish skin, if cannot just proceed.
2. cut them to equal cube sized pieces, remove the moisture from them using disposable tissues or cloth
3. Mix all the ingredients and marinate the fish for at least 12 hrs. 24 hrs tasts the best
4. Soak the wooden skewers for atleast 30 mins in water to prevent burning else you will have burnt skewers like mine.
5.Just before you begin to bake, cube the veggies and marinate in the left over marination.
6. Remove the excess marinade and Put them on to skewers, alternating veggies and fish.
7. Preheat the oven to 240 C, bake for 10 mins and then on 180 C for another 5 to 10 mins. I suggest you to check after 15 mins