Paneer Butter Masala Restaurant Style
Paneer butter masala can be made in various ways and this is the simplest of all. I have just removed cilantro seeds and red chilies from his recipe. Tastes and looks similar to the restaurant style, creamy and delicious. I do not like to use milk for this recipe.
3 tbsps. Butter
1 bay leaf
2 inch cinnamon stick
1 green cardamom
2 Medium onions (chopped)
1 tbsp. ginger garlic paste
3 medium tomatoes (chopped)
1/2 tbsp. Red chili powder
12 cashews (grind with ½ cup water)
2 tsps. Garam masala
250 gms paneer cubed
2 tbsps. Fresh cream
½ tsp kasuri methi
1 tbsp. lemon juice
Salt to taste
How To Prepare Paneer Butter Masala :
- Warm pan with half butter on a medium high flame. Fry cloves, cardamom, bay foliage & nutmeg for a min.
- Add sliced red onion prepare for 2 minutes, add ginger garlic cloves insert to this and fry for another 1 min.
- Add sliced tomato vegetables, salt & red pow, 1/2 garam masala. Cook till the mixture turns mushy
- Cool this mix. Take away the bay leaf and grind the mixture to a smooth puree with 90 ml water.
- Heat a pan with the rest of the butter and pour the puree and cook it for 2 mins on a medium high flame.
- Add cashew milk, kasuri methi, rest of the garam masala and water to adjust the consistency (if needed). let it cook for 4 to 5 mins.
- Adjust salt if needed.
- Add paneer , mix well. Simmer for 3 to 4 mins. Remember overcooking paneer, can make it harder.
Garnish with fresh cream and coriander leaves. Can use lemon juice if you desire. My way of garnishing is with coarsely crushed pepper